The holiday season is a time for family, friends, and fun. For many people in Chicago, it’s also a time of year for overindulging in food and drink. While the holidays are a time to celebrate, they can also take a toll on your teeth and gums if you’re not careful. That’s why your dentist in Chicago has 7 simple tips for the holiday season to help you enjoy time with your family and friends without sacrificing your dental health.
1. We all know about sugary food so try to Limit holiday treats and candy canes. While holiday food and drinks can be tempting, try to keep your intake of sugary and acidic foods and beverages to a minimum. Eat more healthy holiday snacks like fruits and veggies, which won’t damage your teeth.
2. Always practice good oral hygiene. When you’re busy celebrating with family and friends, it can be easy to forget about your oral hygiene routine. But make sure you’re brushing twice a day and flossing at least once a day. This will help keep your teeth healthy throughout the holiday season.
3. Avoid holiday stressors. During the holiday season, stress levels tend to spike. Stress can have an adverse effect on your oral health, so try to take time for yourself each day and practice stress management techniques.
4. It’s important to stay hydrated during the holiday season, as dehydration can lead to dry mouth and other issues with your oral health. Make sure you’re drinking plenty of water throughout the holiday season.
5. Visit your dentist regularly. Even though you may be busy with holiday parties and gatherings, make sure to schedule regular checkups with your dentist in Chicago. This will help ensure that any potential issues are caught early and treated before they worsen.
6. Smoking is bad for you. Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco. Smoking and chewing tobacco can cause serious damage to your teeth and gums, so it’s important to avoid these activities during the holiday season.
7. Consider post-holiday cleaning. When the holidays are over, consider scheduling professional teeth cleaning with your dentist in Chicago. This will help get rid of any plaque or tartar
By following these 7 tips, you can keep your oral health in check throughout the holiday season. With proper care and regular visits to your dentist in Chicago, you’ll be able to enjoy the holiday season without compromising your oral health.
Omni Dental of Arlington Heights
Schedule your post-holiday appointment with Dr. Bilus Poles at Omni Dental of Arlington Heights to ensure that your oral health remains in check. Dr. Poles will be able to treat any potential problems such as tooth decay that may have arisen over the holiday season. Schedule your post-holiday cleaning by making your appointment here.