Clear braces are a fantastic option for patients looking to straighten their teeth while maintaining an aesthetically pleasing look. Clear braces are made of high-grade polycrystalline ceramic, which is strong and resilient and rarely stains.
However, some steps can be taken to maximize the lifespan of clear braces and ensure they stay fresh and bright. First, cleaning your mouth by brushing and flossing regularly is essential. You should also avoid sugary drinks and foods that could cause staining on the braces or ligature ties. If you follow these simple steps, your clear braces will remain stain-free.
What are the types of dental braces?
There are two main types of braces: metal and clear. Metal braces consist of metal brackets and metal wires, while clear braces use ceramic brackets and tooth-colored wires.
Traditional braces are the most common type used in orthodontic treatment, however, clear braces offer a more aesthetically pleasing look for those who want to straighten their teeth without metal braces.
Clear braces are made of high-grade polycrystalline ceramic, which is strong and resilient and rarely stains. Both metal and clear braces can be used to treat a variety of orthodontic issues.
Dr. Poles also offers the following tips to help keep your clear braces looking their best:
1. Brush and floss twice a day. brush your teeth after every meal, This will reduce plaque buildup and ensure that your clear braces stay as clean as possible.
2. Use an anti-cavity, fluoride-containing toothpaste when brushing. This will keep your teeth healthy and strong.
3. Rinse with a mouthwash that contains fluoride. This will help to protect against tooth decay and reduce plaque buildup.
4. Don’t eat or drink food. These can cause staining on the braces and ligature ties.
5. Visit your orthodontist regularly for cleanings and checkups to ensure your clear braces are in good condition.
6. Avoid coffee, tea, and red wine as these can permanently stain your clear braces.
7. Wear a protective mouthguard when playing sports to reduce the risk of trauma to your teeth or gums.
8. And finally, be sure to wear your retainer after you finish braces treatment to keep your teeth in place
What types of foods cause staining of Clear Braces?
Foods and beverages high in pigments can cause staining of clear braces. Foods like coffee, tea, red wine, beets, curry, tomato sauce, and dark sauces can discolor the ligature ties on ceramic braces. Smoking is also a major cause of staining.
To prevent staining it’s important to brush and floss regularly, avoid sugary or pigmented foods and drinks, visit your orthodontist for regular cleanings, and wear a protective mouthguard when playing sports. With proper care, ceramic braces can remain stain-free for the duration of treatment.
Getting clear braces in Arlington Heights
At Omni Dental, we specialize in the placement of clear braces in Arlington Heights. We offer a variety of braces options to meet your needs, including Invisalign and ceramic braces. Our experienced orthodontists in Arlington Heights will evaluate your mouth and discuss all the braces options available to you before deciding which is best for your situation.
We understand the importance of having a beautiful, confident smile, and our braces treatments are tailored to meet your individual needs. Contact Omni Dental today to learn more about how clear braces can help give you the smile you’ve always wanted.