WHAT IS A FRONT TOOTH IMPLANT?
An implant is a small titanium post that is placed in the bone where your tooth is missing. A tooth implant looks like a small screw and is usually placed in the jawbone beneath the gum tissue. Once the implant has bonded to the bone, a small connector piece, called an abutment, is placed on top of the implant.
The abutment is then used to hold a replacement tooth, called a dental crown. Implants are a great way to replace missing teeth because they look and function just like your natural teeth. Plus, implants help to keep the bone healthy and strong in the jaw.
If you are considering an implant to replace a missing tooth, Dr. Poles can help. Harmony Dental offers implant treatment at our Arlington Heights dental office.
REASONS FOR FRONT TOOTH IMPLANT
If you are missing a tooth, there are a few different tooth replacement options available to you. Two common options are bridges and dentures. However, your dentist may also recommend a front tooth implant. Front tooth implants are recommended for patients who have good overall health and sufficient jawbone density. This tooth replacement solution may be advised if you:
• Have lost a tooth in the front of your mouth
• Have good overall dental health
• Have sufficient jawbone density
• Want a permanent replacement solution
• Do not want to wear dentures or a bridge
If you are missing a tooth in the front of your mouth, it is important to replace the tooth as soon as possible. This is because the gaps left by missing front teeth can cause a number of problems, including:
• Difficulty eating and speaking
• A change in the way your teeth bite together
• Teeth shifting out of place
• Increased risk of tooth decay and gum disease
A front tooth implant can help to prevent these problems by filling the gap left by your missing natural tooth. Plus, implant surgery is a permanent solution, which means you won’t have to worry about it slipping out of place or coming loose.
HOW IS A FRONT TOOTH IMPLANT PLACED?
A front tooth implant is a two-step process. First, the implant, which is a small titanium post, is placed in the bone where your tooth is missing. The implant will bond with the bone over time. Once the implant has bonded to the bone, a small connector piece, called an abutment, is placed on top of the implant.
The abutment is then used to hold a replacement tooth, called a crown. The crown is made to match your natural teeth in color and shape.
The entire process can take several months from start to finish. However, once the implant and crown are in place, you will have a permanent replacement tooth that looks and functions just like your natural teeth.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE DENTAL IMPLANTS FOR A FRONT TOOTH?
There are many reasons to choose a dental implant for your front tooth. Dental implants offer a number of advantages over other tooth replacement options, including:
• Natural-looking results: Dental implants look and function just like your natural teeth. This means that no one will be able to tell that you have a replacement tooth.
• Restored dental function: Dental implants will restore your ability to bite and chew just like your natural teeth.
• High success rate and low risk for complications: Dental implants have a high success rate and a low risk for complications. In fact, they are often considered the best tooth replacement option available.
• More comfortable than dentures: Dentures can be loose and uncomfortable. Dental implants, on the other hand, are permanent and will not slip out of place.
• Counteract bone loss and improve jawbone health: Unlike dental bridges and dentures, which can actually lead to bone loss in the jaw, dental implants help to keep the bone healthy and strong.
• Easy maintenance: Dental implants are easy to care for. You can brush and floss them just like your natural teeth.
SINGLE TOOTH IMPLANTS IN ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS
A single tooth implant is a titanium post that is placed in your jawbone where your tooth is missing. A small connector, called an abutment, is then placed on top of the implant. Once the abutment is in place, your new tooth (crown) will be attached to it.
Here at Omni Dental Group, we use the latest technology and equipment to place your single dental implant so that it is comfortable and looks natural.
If you are considering a single tooth implant, please call us today to schedule a consultation with our skilled and experienced dentists. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about this tooth replacement option.
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION IN ARLINGTON HEIGHTS IL
If you are missing a tooth in the front of your mouth, don’t wait to get a tooth replacement solution. Come see us at Arlington Heights Family Dentistry. We can assess your individual needs and recommend the best tooth replacement option for you. To schedule your consultation, please call our office today at (847) 483-8833