If you’re looking for a natural-looking and feeling solution to missing or damaged teeth, full arch dental implants may be the right choice for you. Unlike dentures or dental bridges, which rest on top of your gums, full arch dental implants are surgically placed into your jawbone.
At our Arlington Heights, IL dental practice, we can help you determine if full arch dental implants are the best solution for you. We’ll take into account factors such as the health of your natural teeth and your jawbone, as well as your overall oral health. We’ll also work with you to create a treatment plan that fits your budget and schedule.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small titanium posts that are placed into your jawbone to act as a single tooth replacement for your natural teeth roots. Once in place, the implant fuses with your jawbone and provides a secure foundation for your new teeth.
Implants can be used to support a single dental crown, an implant bridge, or even a full set of dentures. They are a permanent solution that can help you regain your confidence and enjoy all your favorite foods again.
The primary benefits of dental implants:
- Better Chewing Ability: Implants allow you to chew your food more effectively, which is important for proper digestion.
- Improved Appearance: Implants look and feel like your natural teeth and can be color-matched to blend in seamlessly.
- Increased Confidence: Because implants are so natural-looking and feeling, you’ll no longer have to worry about your teeth slipping
- Younger Facial Appearance: Dental implants help to support the facial structures and can prevent the sunken-in look that can occur with missing teeth.
- Improved Oral Health: Unlike dentures, which can harbor bacteria, implants are easier to keep clean. This helps to improve your overall oral health.
- Stabilizes Your Surrounding Teeth: Implants don’t rely on your adjacent teeth for support, so they won’t put extra pressure on these teeth.
- Restore Your Beautiful White Smile: Dental implants can give you back your confident white smile.
- Helps to Prevent Gum Disease: Dental implants help to keep your gums healthy by providing stimulation and preventing gum recession.
- Easier to Eat Your Favorite Foods: With dental implants, you’ll be able to enjoy all your favorite foods again without having to worry about your teeth slipping or falling out.
What is the Dental Implant Procedure Like?
The first step in the dental implant process is to schedule a consultation with our Arlington Heights, IL dentist. During this visit, we’ll conduct a thorough examination of your mouth and take X-rays to determine if you’re a good candidate for implants.
If you are a good candidate, the next step is to have the implants surgically placed into your jawbone. This is typically done using local anesthesia and sedation, so you’ll be comfortable throughout the procedure.
Once the implants are in place, they’ll need to fuse with your jawbone, a process known as osseointegration. This usually takes several months and is crucial for the success of your implants.
Once osseointegration is complete, we’ll attach your new teeth to the implants. This can be done with dental crowns, an implant bridge, or full dentures. The type of restoration you’ll need will be determined by the number of implants placed and the condition of your surrounding teeth.
Single Dental Implant
If you’re considering a single dental implant, there are a few things you should know. Here’s what you need to know about single dental implants, from how they work to what the benefits are.
A single dental implant is a small titanium screw that is placed into the jawbone to act as a replacement for a missing tooth. The implant is then topped with a dental crown, which is an artificial tooth.
Single dental implants are one of the most popular options for replacing missing teeth, as they offer a number of benefits over other methods. For example, implants are much more stable than dentures or bridges, and they don’t require any special proper care.
If you’re looking for a permanent solution to your missing or damaged teeth, full-arch dental implants may be the right choice for you. Contact our Arlington Heights, IL, dental office today to schedule an appointment or consult about the cost and treatment plan. We’ll help you to choose the right treatment options and regain your confident white smile.